Engine Drive Belt Tensioner Pulley 92082702 for Holden Berlina VT VX VS VY 1995 – 2004 a tensioner pulley is a device that can be used to tighten the belt in any system of belts and pulleys. These systems typically consist of a number of wheels known as pulleys and a belt that is wound around them. In order for the belt to fit around the pulleys, some part of the system typically needs to be adjustable.
- Increases the angle embraced in belt drives.
- Gives tension to the belt and transfers the driving force of the crankshaft.
- Compensates for the elongation of the strap, typical over time.
- Allow for shorter wheelbases.
- Prevents belt slippage
- OEM 92082702
For Holden Berlina
- VT VX 06/1999 – 10/2002 L67 Supercharged
- VS VT 04/1995 – 06/1999 LG2 LN3 L27 L36
- VX VY 10/2000 – 09/2004 LN3 L36
Reference OEM number: 92082702
What happens if the tensioner pulley fails?
- If the drive belt tensioner pulley has any sort of issue, it can cause unusual and accelerated wear on the belt. A bad pulley can cause fraying on the edges of the belt, and in severe cases can even cause it to break. Other symptoms of a bad belt tensioner is failure of the belt driven accessories
What causes tensioner to fail?
- The most common causes of timing belt tensioner failure include: Wear and tear: On a new mechanical timing belt tensioner system, the timing belt tensioner spring is wound tightly by two tension rods. Over time, the spring stretches out and loses its tension. As a result, the entire tensioner becomes too weak
How do I know if my tensioner pulley needs to be replaced?
- Appearance: Cycle the tensioner (mounted on the engine) through the entire range of motion (from stop to stop) by applying torque to the arm with a wrench. The tensioner arm should move smoothly and freely. Solution: If you notice a binding, sticking or grinding tensioner arm, the tensioner should be replaced
Package includes: 1x Engine Drive Belt Tensioner Pulley fits Holden Berlina 92082702